Saturday, January 26, 2008

Free Shoes


In October of last year, Willie, the boys, and I went to Rack Room Shoes. Willie bought a pair of shoes and entered a drawing for a shoe shopping spree. When the call came that he was a winner, we almost thought it was a joke. There were 87 winners drawn out of thousands of entries at over 300 stores! Once Willie knew he was a winner and had a date and time scheduled, we made plans to go to the store a day before the big event for a "strategic planning session"! About two hours after arriving for this little strategy session, I was more sick of trying on shoes than I thought possible. Besides the 87 second time limit, Willie could only get as many shoes as he could carry without putting them down. Because the box was so large and provided a good base, he started with a pair black boots for moi! Next he proceeded to gather six pairs of shoes for himself, one more pair for me and one pair for each of the boys for a grand total of 10 pair! This was back in December so I don't remember exactly what the total was, but I know he ended up with about $800 worth of shoes! I didn't really like the boots so I sold them on eBay for $114 and bought some boots at DSW that I do love. That's what I like to call being "resourceful"!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so cool! He sure is lucky-I never win things like that! And, the link worked. :) You left of the s in monkeys the first time.

Jennifer said...

Hey Aimee! This is WAY cool! I love it!

The Foster Family said...

Love the blog Aimee! I see you got the music figured out! How do you do the counter? Can't wait to check in often!

Chris said...

That is really cool! Are you going to open your blog to anyone, selected people, or just you? I guess you won't need shoes for a while!

suzspeaks said...

that is awesome!!