Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We're not in Arizona anymore

So, what do you think of the view from my front door today? Occasionally people quote the Wizard of Oz when they say, "We're not in Kansas anymore", but now that I live in Kansas, when the weather does crazy stuff, I usually find myself thinking, "We're not in Arizona anymore". And that's ok because I LOVE Kansas and all the crazy weather that comes with it. For example, this morning when I drove to work at 8:30, the temperature was in the 50's and there wasn't a flake of snow on the ground. When I left work at 12:30 to pick Adam up and come home, the temperature was around 12 degrees (6 degrees with the windchill factor), there was a blizzard and I could barely see the car in front of me! This picture really doesn't do the weather justice because the wind is blowing the snow all around and making it really hard to see in front of you.

It's so bad on the roads that I just went up to the elementary school early and picked up a carload of kids (including my own!) and brought them home to avoid the after school carpool mess. I don't think it made me very popular with the school secretaries, but it sure made my life easier and the kids thought it was pretty cool too!

I won't lie; as much as I love having four seasons, with as much snow as we've had this winter, I'm dreaming of a tropical get-away. Rocky Point, anyone?!!

2 comments:

Sarah Szanto said...

Well, I'm still in AZ and after looking at all that snow, I'm glad that I'm enjoying the 70 degree weather! Thanks for sending your blog our way, it was great to catch up with your family.

Momma said...

I love the snow too and we don't get it often enough. Great job on the blog! Oh, by the way, I am soooo jealous of your shoe collection :)