Friday, May 15, 2009

Turtle Rescue

I found this cute little guy trying to cross the road today. Naturally, I pulled over, got out and put the turtle in a plastic container that I just happen to carry around in the event that I need to rescue a turtle. I think he's a box turtle, but what do I know?

My Arizona-dwelling sister, Sarah and brother-in-law, Bret have a pet desert tortoise. A few weeks ago, while my sister was on vacation, her turtle somehow flipped itself over onto its back and had a close brush with death as a result. Apparently there is actually a difference between turtles and tortoises.

For instance, a desert tortoise can't do this....

Is that cool or what?!!

No turtles (or tortoises) were harmed in the making of this video. The above-mentioned turtle has been safely released into the woods behind our house.

And yes, Casey, one of my birthday wishes did come true. I found the Christopher Lowell desk, matching shelf and small filing cabinet on craigslist!!! When my office is cleaned up, I'll take a photo and share my exciting find. I'm still waiting for the Lexus, however.

2 comments:

Casey said...

That is cool- but poor turtle :/ You know my sister would probably ring your neck for that... hahaha tree hugger that she is LOL
SWEET!! Can't wait to see your new and improved desk and office. Sorry though that you haven't recieved your Lexus- maybe it will be your *JUST BECAUSE I LOVE YOU* Gift! Thats what I tell E when I want something, it normally doesn't work either. oh well heehee
Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day!

Shauna said...

You need to update your blog girlfriend! Get those kids back to school and get to blogging!