Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Slow Cooker Pork Chops & Red Potatoes


***UPDATE***
He said, "it's ok". Do I know my man or do I know my man?!!!



I found this recipe online. It looked easy and I happened to have all the ingredients so I made it for dinner tonight. Not that either of my children will like it. Unless I can find a way to disguise the pork chops as chicken nuggets and the red potatoes as french fries.


It tastes pretty good. Willie hasn't tried it yet because he's still at baseball practice. I'm placing my bet that his response will be, "it's ok", because that's what he says about most of the stuff I cook, especially boring meat and potato dishes, which are some of my favorite to make. It doesn't help that his Mom was a wonderful cook...and housekeeper...no pressure.



It was very easy to make; another reason my family probably won't like it.



I'm such a A Year of Crockpotting wannabe...

4 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

:-)

mwah!
-steph

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

ok... enough... i've just got to do it! now that soccer is in full swing - i leave the house and don't get home til 930 on M,T,R,F. and church is W night and that's a guaranteed Mexican night! but I have no clue how/what to make for a family that is constantly on the run at different times and days... so i think between hannah and i, we can do this crockpot thing! thx for the inspiration! love you 80s blog too... you crack me up... we had no $$$ either w/ 4 kids... so i was the one who envied christie de la mater, et. al....

and I so remember dae!

jellybean78 said...

LOL...sounds like my husband, Aimee!

Kelley said...

I will definitely be trying this one. I need all the crock-pot recipes I can find!! Thanks Aimee. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Kelley