Sunday, October 5, 2008

Exploding Twinkie

Ever wonder what would happen if you stuck a firecracker in a Twinkie? Adam and I came up with this idea a couple weeks ago, but have been unable to enlist Willie in our twisted plot. So, last night while he was gone, we recruited a young neighbor to help us with this explosive experiment (with his parents' permission, of course).



Pre-explosion




Post-explosion





One more time....let's finish this thing!




It wasn't pretty, but it was fun!



While I was working on this post, Olivia Newton-John appeared on the Early Show and it got me reminiscing about one of my all-time favorite singers, thus the Olivia Newton-John tunes you are being treated to if the volume on your computer isn't turned down.

8 comments:

jellybean78 said...

You think of some of the funniest things to do! I can't wait for the next one.

And who doesn't like Olivia Newton-John? :)

Brandi said...

You are nuts! I am sure that you just won the coolest mom award by, not only your kids, but the entire block! You Rock Mama!!! Now Kadyn wants to try a snickers! I am not sure that I should mention this to Tim. They will probably head off to the gas station to purchase one tonight. Maybe you should make your own version of Jackass! (A cleaner Mom's version). Just a thought!

Casey said...

Thats pretty AWESOME!!! I am going to have to remember that one when Ellie and Caden are older. My parents drive to KY and pick up fireworkers all the time- i should tell them to pick some up and try it at Cheris home with all the kids. They would love it!! :)

Sarah said...

You are so funny Aim...you have got to be one of the coolest moms ever!! You're a pretty cool sister too! :)

jellybean78 said...

Love the new look for Halloween!

Tina Schiefer said...

So, I read this yesterday and was laughing my butt off! Twinkies were my childhood favorite! I swear they've changed - greasy and not as "spongy" as they used to be! Fair is fair!

I want to comment about your new Halloween graphics too! Way cool!

Tina

The Foster Family said...

Hey Aimee-

Hope you don't mind, but I copied the cute picture of you and your hubby for the 20 year slide show! Since your scanner is down! I tried to get a family one, but they do not exist on your blog! Anyways- if you don't want it on the 20 year slide show- let me know QUICK!

Tina Schiefer said...

This may seem like a totally dumb question, but does the KC stand for Kansas City?

If so, I just got forwarded this blog link, http://curioussofa.blogspot.com/2008/09/halloween-pics.html.

You and your Halloween-friend have to go visit for me!!!

Tina