Saturday, June 21, 2008

Great book!

I just finished this book last night and I loved it. It's a fictional account of the life of Dinah (from the book of Genesis). Seriously, if you haven't read this book, you should. If I could have, I would have read it in one or two sittings like I used to do B.K. (before kids).

On another note, for all my praying friends and family who visit the blog, please keep us in mind over the next few weeks as we search our hearts and local churches for a new place of worship to call home. We are members of a local church, but have felt conflicted for a while now about whether it is the right place for us. Tomorrow I am visiting a different church in the area. We could really use your prayers. This is very difficult for us because we have all developed strong ties and friendships at our current church (and feel like traitors for looking elsewhere), but just don't feel that it is meeting the spiritual needs of our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you liked the Red Tent - you will LOVE the Gods and Kings series by Lynn Austin.

I wish there were more books like that out there.....

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Loved the Red Tent, too!

Anything by Francine Rivers is excellent. I'll have to send you titles to other great Biblical novels that I've enjoyed. (but the baby is sleeping in the library!)

Prayers for your search for a place where you can serve God most faithfully. He's calling to you all!