Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend at Table Rock Lake and Branson

At long last, I am finally posting about our trip to Table Rock Lake and Branson. We stayed at an awesome place called Still Waters Resort. I highly recommend it for families. It's a little expensive, but there are so many amenities on the property that it's well worth it. You can use paddleboats and kayaks for free, there is a great playground, a market where you can get pizza, really yummy brisket sandwiches, etc., and best of all, there are 3 pools on the property. One of them is an "Island Oasis" with a waterfall you can swim under, zero depth entry and these amazing outdoor bed loungers.



The Track in Branson - When we each said what our favorite thing was from the trip, mine was "Wild Woody". I don't have any pix from it because I was busy driving...like a maniac. The last time we did Wild Woody, I got off and told Willie we better make a run for the parking lot because there were probably some other drivers who wanted to kick his $%# due to the fact that his crazy wife was crashing into them. Hey, I'll pretty much do whatever it takes to entertain my kids, or myself for that matter!


After riding Wild Woody with his psychotic Mommy, these go-karts were way too tame for Adam.


I just love this picture of my boys.




I was a wimp and opted out of getting wet this time. The last time we went to Branson and I rode these bumper boats with the boys, I was soaked afterward.




Table Rock Lake is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The lake is very clean and even clear in places. It is just so calming and peaceful. I would love to have a 2nd home there...in my dreams!



I really suck at taking action shots. After multiple tries, this is the best I could do. Jacob's feet coming out of the slide and Jacob's head poking out of the water after coming down the slide. Photography will never be my claim to fame.






Celebration City - Adam and I just stood by, taking pictures and discussing how completely off their rockers Jacob and Daddy were for getting on this ride. I don't know if you can tell it from the pictures, but a storm was rolling in and the sky was beautiful. Shortly after Willie and Jacob got off this ride, a massive storm hit and we had to go inside to wait it out. Luckily it blew over quickly and the rides started back up a couple of hours later. It cooled everything off and the rest of the night was perfect.





These pictures were taken at the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery on the last day of our trip.


We had to go here before we left town to buy these:

I highly recommend getting yourself one or two.


Adam, get into character and make a scary face...

4 comments:

jellybean78 said...

Awesome, Aimee! It looks like you had a blast. I wouldn't mind going there myself one of these days. :-)

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

how fun is all of that? glad you all had a chance to get away! great pix, too... even the action fotos!

Brandi said...

I was so excited to see your post. Looks like an amazing time!! Your boys are so handsome. BTW, Still Water Resorts has had a major overhaul since we went there on our honeymoon 13 years ago next month. It was really nice then but definately gone through some renovation.

Sarah said...

Awesome Aimee! It looks like you guys had a great time! And I love that picture of Willie and the boys too!