Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Incredible Alien Man & Batman

Jacob and Adam are enrolled in a Jedi Training Academy day camp this week. At camp, they construct a light saber from PVC pipe, foam pool noodles and colored duct tape. Then they learn defense and attack moves. At the end of the week, the kids will put on a show where they stage a choreographed battle so the experience is comprised of acting, weapons, fighting, contests, snacks and prizes. It's a boy's dream come true, if you ask me!

Each day there is a theme and today's was, "Dress up like your favorite superhero". Well, at the age of almost 9, Jacob really isn't into traditional superheroes and none of our costumes fit him any longer. So, we got creative...(be sure to read Jacob's shirt).

4 comments:

jellybean78 said...

Cute! It sounds like a really fun way to spend the summer. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my word, that camp sounds awesome! Connor would seriously freak out if he got to do something like that! And superhero day would be the icing on the cake. I love the made up super heroes-they are my fave! C is always inventing new ones...Super Star, Super Cloud, and the newest Super Mustard. Cracks me up!

Casey said...

Hi Aimee, Glad you are enjoying. Cheri was the one that told me to read. I am not a big reader and I read the book in just a few days while we were on our honeymoon. Its been a while, I think I need to dust it off and read it again. Enjoy the book! :) Now she got me to read some fiction books on 5 of the BIblical Women by Frances someone. I am reading the one on Mary. Which is a great one to read as well. Cher says that all 5 are great. :)
Casey

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

I love the Alien Nerd... at least that's what my old and tired eyes think the shirt says!

So - what books are you and my sis discussing???

I LOVE to read! and get new authors... clue me in.