Monday, May 19, 2008

Random thoughts and pictures

My baby graduated from preschool! It's hard to tell, but that's a graduation cap on his head. Isn't he the cutest thing? He got to hold the flag while they marched down the aisle to the stage and it was such a great moment. I don't have a picture because I was filming him on our outdated video camera which is not digital.

This is my 14 year old dog, Peanut with my two year old dog, Max. I don't talk about Peanut a lot because he's old, he stinks and he goes potty in the house. He also has lupus which means that the skin around his eyes looks pretty gross most of the time. For those of you who have known me a long time, you know how lucky Peanut (The Destroyer) is to still live with us. These days, he's a pretty pathetic creature who just follows me around, occasionally falls down on the kitchen tile and can't get back up by himself and half walks/half falls down the stairs in the mornings. I don't think he'll be with us much longer. Max will probably miss him the most.


It's hard to tell in this picture because it's so dark, but this is a scene from our Saturday night camp-out on the trampoline. Adam (the strange little man in tie-dye) likes to wear my shirts to bed, thus the fashion statement. One more editor's note...that's a pretzel in Jacob's mouth, not a cigar! The first time we camped on the trampoline, we woke up and came inside because it was sprinkling on us. This time, I couldn't get comfortable and Max kept moving around so I woke the boys up and we came in around midnight. Willie had the right idea...he cleared out around 10:00.


BEFORE



AFTER (That's the ceiling fan sticking out from behind my head)


Jessica Simpson I am not, but I think the haircut turned out pretty cute. The bangs aren't very obvious so I might need to have her cut them more the next time around. In case you're wondering what those red bumps on my neck are, well, so am I. I'm wondering if it could be poison ivy.

I have gained back several pounds...I don't know how many because I refuse to get on the scale until I know the results will be better. I don't need a scale. I can just look in the mirror at my chubby face to see that things are going downhill real fast. So, I am getting serious again starting RIGHT NOW!! Tonight while I watch Intervention and tomorrow night while I watch American Idol I will be working my little heart out on the elliptical machine. Feel free to call and check up on me to be sure I'm not lounging on the couch instead. Although I may just answer the phone and breathe heavy to psyche you out...

I don't regularly watch American Idol, but David Cook is from the Kansas City area and I'm really digging his rocker style. I hope that little punk David Archuleta falls hard (no offense if you're an Archuleta fan but he really gets on my nerves). If you haven't seen Intervention, it's a reality show where they follow addicts (drug, alcohol, food, shopping, video games, etc.) and pretty much document what losers they are. Then all their family members gang up on them in a hotel room for an intervention where the addict is confronted with the choice of going to rehab right that moment or having their friends and family members turn their backs on them. My favorite Intervention episode is one where this lady has an eating problem. Her whole day is scheduled around fast food runs. I feel a kinship with her, especially after cleaning all the fast food wrappers and cups out of my van today. I think I need an intervention.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the hair! That's so funny that you don't like the Archuleta kid on American Idol, Bret and I can't stand him!!! He is so annoying!!!!

jellybean78 said...

Love the new do! I haven't watched more than one episode this year, so I have no idea who to root for....let's see...David or David...hmmmm

Jennifer said...

I like the hair! Very cute and sassy!

Okay - I have an American Idol spoiler. If you don't want to know who wins, STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW...

Drum roll please...

David is the winner!!!

Sarah said...

HAHA...Thank you for informing us the winner of the show! :)

Sarah said...

Aim, Bret just saw this blog and said that Adam is a mini version of Willie! :)

Casey said...

I like your hair. Its very cute on you :) I will say I am a bit jealous because 2.5wks ago I chopped all of mine off- hence I look like a boy. ha ha ha
He annoys me, too. I was telling E (HD) that I am tired of all his slow tempo songs and that over 1/2 of them are romantic songs. I do like his voice but he needs to branch out. Hes lacking PAZAS and umph (sp).

SWEET!!! I am so glad that DAVID is the WINNER!!!! :)
Now I can watch something else tonight. :)

The Foster Family said...

Love the haircut, don't think you have gained weight, you need to go on at least one vacation every summer, and David A is the cutest thing on this earth, but they both deserved a win, so since at least one of them won- I was happy with the results!!