Saturday, March 29, 2008

14.6 pounds

There are 14.6 fewer pounds of me in the world today. At Weight Watchers, every time you reach a 5 pound mark, you get a sticker to put on your bookmark. These tiny little stickers are what motivate me to order chili and Minute Maid Light Lemonade instead of a single cheeseburger, fries and large Dr. Pepper when I take my kids to Wendy's and stare longingly at their kids' meals.

When I weighed in this morning, I was wearing a hoodie because somebody forgot to tell the weather in KC that spring has arrived. The lady who weighed me in asked if I wanted to take off my sweatshirt since it probably weighs a pound or more. Unfortunately I didn't have a shirt underneath so I declined. That's actually a good thing since the delayed gratification of having to wait until next week for another sticker will help keep me on the straight and narrow for the next 7 days.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

AIMEE!!!!

That's AWESOME!!!! Way to go!!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Aim!!! That's awesome!!! They are going to have to take a lot in on that dress!! :) YAY!

also known as shell said...

Oh I'm so proud of you... and so jealous! I've gained so much weight this past week.