Friday, March 28, 2008

Focus Group = Dinner Out Tonight!


I discovered focus groups years ago when I signed up with a company called Fieldwork Phoenix. Since that time, I have earned money by giving my opinion about BBQ sauce, participating in a mock jury and other stuff I can't remember. Jacob even earned a video and $50 for watching a Rubbadubbers cartoon and giving his opinion about it when he was 3 or 4 years old. It was pretty horrible, by the way.

When
I moved to KC, somebody told me that I should sign up with Hallmark to participate in their studies since the corporate headquarters is located here. I did and sure enough, I got picked for a focus group and made an easy $80 today for just two hours of my time. This was the most lucrative and also the funnest (is that a real word?) focus group I've done so far. I can't tell you what we talked about because I've been sworn to secrecy and if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

I got
tagged by Wende to tell "Our Love Story", but before I do, I need to find the cord to my scanner so I can insert pix from the dating phase (definitely pre-digital). Check back and hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey, I'd love to get on that focus group. Who do I call?

Tracy said...

Hi-
I found your blog in a round about way-through Heather and then another person..Is that called Stalking?? :)I see that you live in KC area-me too! I would be interested in finding out some info. on some of the ways you are earning $-You can visit my blog at Http://pricelessjourney.blogspot.com
I enjoyed reading your post and will be returning to read your LOVE story.
Have a great Monday-even though it still is gloomy and Spring is still hiding away here in KC.
Tracy P.

The Foster Family said...

Wow- Congrats on the weight loss- mine is not coming off so fast, but it is coming off- hopefully there won't be so much of either of us at our 20 year Reunion in October- right??!! Can't wait for the Love Story!