Saturday, March 15, 2008

Old Man Winter Isn't Done With Us Yet


This is what we woke up to on this fine March morning. Remember the river being built in the sandbox? It is now a snowy gulch. Looks like Jacob will have to pack those shorts away for another day.

I forgot to
mention yesterday that we have officially begun SPRING BREAK!!! For months, we have been dreaming about, talking about and surfing the internet for the perfect Spring Break family destination. We have talked about it so much that when one of Jacob's friends asked him where we were going for spring break, Jacob answered, "I'm not sure, but it's going to be either a beach or a cruise". Willie and I both happened to be present for this exchange so we looked at each other in amazement and tried not to bust out laughing because the truth is, we are not leaving the state of Kansas. Guess we forgot to explain that to our children.

While I am
a little sad that our plans didn't materialize, it is for good reason and I am not complaining. Remember how I said that Willie is very private? Well, he wouldn't let me do a proud post about his new job so if you want details, you'll have to ask him. The new job starts this week, which means Willie is out of commission for Spring Break. Our new plan is called "Tour de KC & Wichita". With that in mind, today we are trying to decide between seeing a movie, "Horton Hears a Who", swimming at an indoor pool, or Kaleidoscope. I'm leaning toward the pool. Doesn't it look like fun?


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That does look like fun!
If you were in Houston, you could just swim outside today-it's in the 90s.
And PS-I didn't know that mine was the first blog your stalked! I feel so special now. :)
And PPS-I am glad that I am not the only grown woman who gets great joy from jumping off a diving board.

Kelley said...

Oh that is so cool to find a real-life neighbor in blog-land! To answer your question about church, we attend Legacy Christian Church at 101st and Antioch. There are several families from Shawnee that attend there. They have 3 services including one on Sat. evenings. Let me know if you ever want to visit and I would love to meet you there! You can check out the website at lcc.org

Have a super weekend and I look forward to staying in touch!

Kelley