Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring is in the Air!

The lemonade is free and so are the cookies,
but as the sign says,
"Donations are optional"!
Sidenote: The reason Adam looks mad
in this picture is that I had just caught
him trying to pee in the bushes out front
and made him go inside to use the "proper facilities"!


Planting canna bulbs with Peanut's supervision
Yes, Peanut is STILL alive & kickin';
he's over 14 years old now.
He probably went back inside and peed on the carpet
shortly after this picture was taken, just to taunt Willie.




Last fall, Willie & Adam dug up the canna bulbs and stored them in the basement. It was amazing to see how much they had multiplied. By next fall, when they dig them up again, they will have multiplied even more and we'll have lots to share. If you are local and want some, let me know. Wait till you see how huge and beautiful these things are.


No, it's not really warm enough for shorts and bare feet,
but that never stops Jacob.
In an effort to not look like the worst
Mom in the neighborhood,
I did ask him to change out of the
tank top he originally had on.
I mean, come on, it's not even 60 degrees outside!


Making a river in the sandbox



Sowing their wild oats and breaking the
"2 people on the trampoline at a time" rule!
What's a cracked head or two amongst friends?!!!



Look out Tiger Woods; here comes the Adam-Bomb!



My day lilies are starting to poke their heads out of the ground.
Now, if I can just keep the rabbits and squirrels from eating them. I think I'm going to try fox urine this year. No joke, it's really supposed to work!


Experiencing the season changes is one of my favorite things about living in the midwest. Spring is always a big hit, and that is especially true after the winter we've had this year. Today it is beautiful outside, but in true Kansas fashion, there is a chance of snow tomorrow morning.

Sorry
for neglecting the blog. I can't be taken for granted, you know! I think I've kept you all in suspense long enough. My big news is that I got a new job! I am going to be a 4 year-old preschool teacher at LUMC Preschool. I gave my notice at the school district, but I'll probably stay until the end of the school year since I don't start my new job until fall. I'm a little nervous about this new part-time career choice, but I've been teaching preschool classes at church on a volunteer basis for a long time and I've had lots of great mentoring. Hopefully the Lord has prepared me well and I'll be a blessing to the children and families. My heart is really in this, and it should be, because I'm certainly not doing it for all the money I'll be making!

One more update...when I went to Phoenix back in February, I got a little off track with my weight loss efforts. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose for several weeks. I finally, guiltily dragged myself back to Weight Watchers this week and was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had lost a little bit more weight for a grand total of 11.1 pounds! I didn't make my exercise goal last week so no pedicure...but, I'm not letting that get me down. I'm back on track, exercising and eating healthy again.



Photobucket

5 comments:

also known as shell said...

Yay you're back! First of all I totally laughed about looking like a bad mom when your kid is in shorts and tshirt when its cold. I just did that the other day. Second Yay on your new job. Its awesome that you've already had so much experience and even though it will be different your so right that you have Heavenly Father on your side. Third-I am so proud of YOU! You are doing awesome. 11.1 lbs!!! We've got to just keep trucking along!

Jennifer said...

Okay - now you HAVE to do FFF...the theme for this week is "Spring Fever"! Log onto Sarah's blog at www.kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com and she'll link you.

~J

Sarah said...

Your boys are so cute! Welcome to FFF!

Kelley said...

Hi There,
I found your blog through Sarah at FFF. It looks like we may actually be neighbors (or close to it). I live in Overland Park KS. Are you in that area? Whatever the case, I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I love the song you have playing!

Have a super weekend~~~Kelley

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Ah... yes, the scenes of spring... shorts, barefeet, t-shirts, lemonade stands! birds singing and nesting... i love spring! congrats on all in your life these days! : )