Wednesday, April 16, 2008

7 Things

Jennifer tagged me and I'm supposed to list 7 things you may not know about me. I think I've managed to come up with a few that may surprise you.

  1. I was born AND married in Las Vegas.

  2. I really wanted two boys. Girl children scare me. If I were going to have another child (but I'm not), I would want another boy, seriously. I'm not just saying that. It's fun being the only girl in the house. I'm not afraid of bugs, I like camping, I can take a fish off the hook when it's caught and now I even love baseball. My destiny is sealed and I couldn't be happier.
  3. Speaking of the number 7, I went to 7 different elementary schools when I was growing up. My Mom was an Army brat who grew up and couldn't stop moving.
  4. I once dressed up in a chicken costume for $50. My Grandpa used to sell chicken fryers to grocery stores and he had me dress up for a grand opening in Tucson, AZ. If I can find a picture, I'll post it later.
  5. I really, really love spinach with red wine vinegar. I actually crave it sometimes. One of my roommates in college, Susan, used to get so grossed out from the smell of it in our tiny dorm room. She used to cook white rice all the time and eat it with soy sauce. I thought that was kind of gross, but it didn't stink like spinach with vinegar.
  6. When I was a kid, I used to want to go to boarding school. I perused the back of my "Young Miss" (now called "YM" because "Young Miss" was apparently too sexist) and "Seventeen" magazines for boarding school advertisements and daydream about the adventures I'd have with my cool, rich boarding school friends.
  7. I'm pretty good at changing flat tires and I can even do it fast, if necessary. One time, I was in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road with one of my girlfriends when she got a flat tire. This was before the days of cell phones so she was freaking out and I just said, "Do you have a spare?". She watched in amazement as I changed the tire and had us on the road again in no time.
  8. BONUS: I cried when Elvis died.

I'm not tagging anyone because I'm already behind on my own tags (Love Story, remember?) and I don't want to contribute to somebody else's stress.

3 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

ps - this part is in regards to your Thelma & Louise weekend... yep - living in the Bible Belt - we see those billboards too! Could you imagine anything like that in Phoenix next to all the Castle Boutiques!?! na...

& hey - I never realized it - but I was born and married in the same city, too! wow! things that make you say 'hummm'

but about that spinach and vinegar... so glad you didn't make it while we were roomies! i'd go for the vinegar - but i'd cringe at the cooked spinach!

kcaimee said...

Spinach - I was making it, you just weren't smelling it since we weren't crammed in a tiny dorm room.

Brandi said...

Dear Miss Spinach Eating Chicken,
I really don't find these songs on my own all of the time. Often, I swipe them from another blog I've read or hear them on a commercial on the TV and then add them to my tunes. Thanks for trying to help me win a makeover, guess I'll just keep trying. Have a good one!
Love Ya, Miss Deer Creek-Lamont (Cinderella - Almost)