Monday, April 14, 2008

Road trip

First stop on the way to Oakley, KS...the Russell Stover Factory Outlet!! I didn't want to stop but Sarah begged me...seriously, it was embarassing. She almost cried. How could I say no? I had to buy a bunch of stuff just so she wouldn't feel like she was the only one buying something. It was a sacrifice, but I'd do it all over again, just for her...


You might be in the bible belt if you see something like this...

And then a few hundred yards down the road, you see this...
The real reason for our 700 mile round trip to Oakley, KS...My baby sister, Sarah flew out from Arizona so we could visit our Great Aunt Janet in western Kansas. She is my role model for growing old gracefully. At the young age of just 97, she rarely, if ever, complains about her aches, pains or ailments. It's not because she doesn't have them either. She is a classy lady and I'm blessed to have her in my life.

Posh bathroom at the upscale resort we stayed at in Oakley. Please take note of the vintage retro design, very hip indeed.

The sparkly cottage cheese ceiling in our upscale hotel room. And here I was going to scrape the popcorn ceilings in our house and re-texturize them. Now I have a new plan that involves me, a few margaritas, and a spray can of adhesive glitter...



On Sunday, after we returned from our Thelma & Louise road trip, we hung out, had lunch at Cheeseburgers in Paradise and shopped. Sarah and I scored at the Ann Taylor Factory store while Willie was a total sport and hung out with the boys...I just love that man of mine.


After we took Sarah to the airport, Willie and I went back to T.J. Maxx with the boys (they were excited about that, let me tell you) and got matching KC Royals shirts for our family. We are going to be total dorks at the games this season and I LOVE IT! I also got a cute throw pillow to match our new family room curtains. If anybody sees these at their local T.J. Maxx, let me know because I need two more.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't even BELIEVE you are considering spraying that glitter onto your ceiling WITHOUT ME! You supply the glitter, I'll supply the margs (I'm good like that)!!!

Shauna said...

Oooohhh - you should come to texas and help me glitter spray my new ceiling! That would be awesome! So funny!

Brandi said...

When is the ceiling spraying party? I am so there!!!! Then you can come down and we'll do mine. Love the new curtains. I'll look for the pillows at TJ Maxx next time I am in town.

By the way, it looks like you were in the parking lot of that adult superstore?!?!? Just for picture purposes right?!?

Sarah said...

LOVE this post! You are so funny trying to blame me for the Russel Stover store!

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Good times! Good memories... I'm sure that meant so much to your Aunt! Love it - love the chocolate - the retro bathroom at your beautimus resort - the glitter idea - and the throw! What a whirlwind weekend, Thelma!