Saturday, April 5, 2008

Getting Crafty With One of My Girls

This is what Jennifer and I did yesterday while our kids played outdoors in the sunshine. It was a perfect afternoon. Prior to taking this time for ourselves, I was stressed because of all the other things I felt like I should be doing. Afterward, I realized that it was just what I needed.

Two years ago, I told Jennifer I was going to make a bracelet for her birthday. I purchased some turquoise beads with the best of intentions and then I proceeded to sweat blood and tears over trying to design the perfect bracelet without actually producing anything. Now that Jennifer's birthday is approaching again, I decided to invite her over to play with my beads and make her own birthday bracelet so that it would be exactly what she wants. The bracelet on the left is what she came up with and look, it's almost a perfect match to some earrings she already had! The bracelet on the right is what I came up with.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, hang onto your britches - I'm gonna get sappy here...

You said "I proceeded to sweat blood and tears over trying to design the perfect bracelet without actually producing anything."

Silly girl! Don't you know that every time you do anything for me you "produce" something for me...a better, stronger friendship! I love that you tried so hard to make it just right and in the end, your suggestion to just get together and get crafty was what we both needed!

Love ya!
Jennifer

Shauna said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm......could this be a clue???