Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm such a loser!

If you've known me for a long time, but haven't seen me lately, you might have noticed that I've put on a few love pounds from looking at the Groundhog Run 5k picture. I call them love pounds, not for the reason you might think (pregnancies resulting in 2 gorgeous baby boys), but because I LOVE food. Yeah, I have a few problems with self-control and willpower. But, I'm here to tell you, that is soon to be a problem of the past!

I started the new year determined to exercise, eat healthier, improve my overall health and hopefully lose a few pounds along the way. I've made this same resolution, time and time again, only to lose about 5 pounds before completely falling back to my old ways. That is why I have kept this to myself - UNTIL NOW!!

Last night I began my 6th week of Weight Watchers and although I was somewhat disappointed not to hit the "10" mark, I am very happy to report that so far, I have lost 9.4 pounds!! I have also been exercising somewhat regularly with a fitness trainer and today we took my measurements. I have lost a total of 5 inches and my body fat percentage is down by 2%! I'm not telling you this because I'm looking for pats on the back; in fact, I'm a little bit nervous about putting this out here. I still have many pounds and inches to go. I'm putting this out here to make me more accountable. If I know that some of you are watching and waiting to see how I do (and hopefully cheering me on), I'll be motivated to continue living my healthier lifestyle so that I can give another glowing report in about a month.

Now I have a confession to make. The picture above my "About Me" section is way old - I bet that some of you already knew that! I couldn't find any recent pix that I was willing to post. Stay tuned and hopefully that will change soon...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Go Aimee!!! You know I think you are awesome just the way you are but I know how important this is to you! I'm so proud of you and can't wait until the next "weigh in" post!

Jennifer

also known as shell said...

Aimee I liked the love pound analogy. :) I'm excited to read over your blog and would love to become buddies and keep each other motivated :)

Shauna said...

Way to go! You are going to be that pin-up girl soon enough! I have no idea what you look like now so it almost seems wrong to even say that! And by the way - the novelty may never wear off- just get situated for the long run. Try to at least cook dinner for your family and keep their clothes clean - and they will look past the fact that you havent gotten up from your chair in about 4 days.

Jennifer said...

Sooooo...chicken or beef???

In case you don't know what I am talking about, how did Jacob's lunch go yesterday? Did they have chicken nuggets or chili?