Friday, February 15, 2008

Sequoia vs. MDX - Enter your vote now!

Beloved 2000 Toyota Sienna Minivan

Toyota Sequoia

Acura MDX


I do not make car-buying decisions lightly. I've been a vehicle owner for close to 22 years and during that time, I have only had 4 cars. I drive vehicles until they are dead or near dead.

My first car, at the ripe old age of 16, was a red 1982 Ford Mustang. As much as I absolutely loved that car, it taught me why some people refer to Ford as "Found On Road Dead". However, I did not give up on that fast and fun car until I was 22. My next mode of transportation was a cute dark grey 1992 Toyota pick-up truck, my first and only brand-new vehicle. When I got pregnant with Jacob at age 28, Willie and I decided I needed something a little more family-friendly and we purchased a champagne colored 1996 Toyota Avalon. In 2002, while I was pregnant with Adam, we bought a REALLY family-friendly car - our current and beloved silver spruce 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan.

I truly love my minivan. It has been an amazingly reliable and consistent friend, delivering us safely for over 6 years now to exotic and wondrous places like Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mexico, Ruidoso, NM, hospital emergency rooms, soccer & baseball games, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Sonic...oh, excuse me, can you tell I'm hungry?!!

Anyway, the time is approaching when I will have to bid farewell to the green machine. First and foremost on my eligibility list this time around is no more minivan. While it's been grand, I'm ready for something new, different and dare I say, FUN!!

Let me know what you think by voting (poll is on the right side of your screen). Am I an MDX or a Sequoia kind of girl?

2 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

well - for some reason each time I attempt to cast my vote, it won't let me. I say the "Toyota" - but that's just me and the way I prefer Big Dog vehichles! Cheri

Brandi said...

Okay, so I posted to my own blog to your commment about turning 40. I said...it is a good thing that I have 12 more years to save up for the vacationing you have planned for us for your big 40!!!!!!