Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Let's talk about God

After the last few shallow posts, I'm ready to test the waters with some deeper content. I'd like to start by posing a question that Adam keeps asking. I haven't been able to provide a satisfactory answer ("I don't know" doesn't cut it with him.) I'm hoping that one of you can help me out. I bet my PK (preacher's kid) friend, Cheri, will have a good answer!


Adam: If God loves everybody, then does he love Satan?

One of Adam's hobbies is to think up great ways to torture his arch enemy, Satan. When he gets on a roll, it's pretty hysterical and I bet he has Satan shaking in his boots!

Seriously, if anybody has a good answer for Adam, please post it in the Comments. I think I fixed my blog so that anybody can comment now and you don't have to be a member of blogger. If you post as "Anonymous", be sure to sign your name, that is, if you want me to know who you are.

Yesterday, I visited a blog website where a book was mentioned. I immediately went to half.com and bought it. It's called, "Letters From a Skeptic: A Son Wrestles with His Father's Questions about Christianity" by Gregory A. Boyd. The reviews on Amazon are great and I can't wait to read it. I tend to be such a non-questioning (ignorant?) believer that sometimes when I am faced with a question about my beliefs, I feel very uncomfortable answering. I don't want to feel that way and I don't want to keep saying, "I don't know". I want to be able to bear witness about my Saviour in a more convincing fashion, perhaps even in a way that gets others excited about the possibility of learning more. Once I get a chance to read the book, I'll let you know what I think.

Another book I ordered, but have not yet received is, "
Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot" by Max Lucado. Typing that reminds me I need to do a post about the origins of the title of my blog, and no, it's not from this book, but the title of this book definitely caught my attention because of my family's own special meaning for the term "Sweet Spot". I promise to post more about that later, but for now, I need to go play with my monkey.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Hmmmm - that is a tough one. God originally loved Satan. But I dont think that we have to put Satan in the category with EVERYONE - as he is not and never was part of mankind. God didn't send Jesus to die for the animals, the angels or the demons - just for mankind. So - Satan is out of that loop. He was never in the loop. Give that a shot!

kcaimee said...

Uh oh, I better not mention the part about God not sending Jesus to die for the animals, because the boys are convinced that we will all be reunited with Brandy (the dog, not our friend!) in heaven! Thanks Shauna, I'll run that past him. BTW, you commented before I was through editing this post. I have a bad habit of posting and then going back to edit.

Shauna said...

Uh yeah, so do my kids. I think that the animals still might have a place in heaven but they arent like us...and neither is Satan. Good luck with this!!!!

:)

And I need to fix your header - it got messed up somehow. it is all off to the right!

kcaimee said...

This post brought out a couple of controversial comments and I wasn't comfortable leaving them out here. Sorry for censoring, but hey, I can do that because "It's my blog and I'll censor if I want to!"

Anonymous said...

I think that God does love/tolerate Satan. He loves all of us - though he does hate many of mankinds actions. So I'd go with the old... "love the sinner - hate the sin"
-Cousin Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hello Aimee! My mom send me your blog and I know how tough it can get with over analystic children. However, you should first try "no" as simple as that. If it doesn't satisfy him then this is what I would answer: God's spirit can't exist within sin. Therefore Satan being all sin can't be loved because love's source is God. Then, if his comprenhension is more visual than auditive; I think you should show him how oil and water can't be mixed, the same way God's love can't be mixed with Satan because he is all sin(BAD). Love and sin are opposites. I hope it helps...God bless!