Sunday, February 24, 2008

Max

This is one of my furry friends, Max. He is a 1.5 year old Cocker Spaniel/Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix. Can you believe that the actual term for this mix is Cockalier - is that a crack-up or what?!! Max came to live with us after an unfortunate incident with a rescue dog which, if I relayed the story in its entirety, would convince you that I am not 100% "on" my rocker. Most people question my sanity when they find out that we have 3 dogs and 1 cat. My story about Sammy, the rescue dog, usually convinces them of what they already suspected. Yes, I am completely nuts and no, I don't recommend this lifestyle for the fainthearted, compulsively clean or even most sane people!

Obviously, I am a big animal lover. Willie indulges me in this passion, despite the fact that it requires him to drag the steam cleaner out way more often than he would like. I'm still working on a post about my super cool youngest son, Adam, and it might seem off-balance to post about my dog before I post about my son, but hey, I'm following my creative energies here!

Max is truly a boy's best friend. He is snuggly, soft, loveable, entertaining, and full of personality. Just one of the many funny things Max does is steal water bottles (full, half-full or empty) and chew them up. We have to be careful to not leave our water bottles out on the coffee table or Max will claim them. This morning, he discovered a whole flat of small water bottles in our laundry room and every time I turned around, he was trotting around with one in his mouth.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Hey - no wonder we get along - I'm a crazy animal lover,too. Although I can honestly say dogs aren't my favorite, as I have a cat on my lap taking a nap! How did we luck out w/ such great hubbies who put up with our insane antics and carpet cleanings? ahhh(ps... my bro asked me why i talk more about our animals rather than our kids! who said our animals aren't our kids!)