Monday, February 25, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things (I mean foods)


This started out as a copycat post about my favorite things (thanks for the idea Megan), but since I'm hungry, as I so often am, it evolved into a post about my favorite foods instead.

Enchiritos from Taco Bell. Taco Bell stopped making these a few years back and I wish somebody had video taped my reaction the first time I ordered one and was told they weren't serving them anymore. Sad, I know. It was truly a cause for celebration when they brought back the Enchirito, although the recipe is a little bit different now. By the way, you may have noticed, but probably not, that the olives are missing from the enchirito in this picture. A good enchirito has 3 slices of black olive on top and a really good enchirito has sour cream on it.

Taco Bell's Hot Sauce (the kind in the orange packet, not the red one and not the yellow one). I have always loved Taco Bell's hot sauce. Now that the packets have witty sayings on them ("Make a Wish", "Can I Drive?", "Ketchup, Puh-lease!"), I love it even more.

Ok, so I pretty much love almost everything on the menu at Taco Bell. When I was a kid and my Mom would tell me we could go anywhere I wanted for my birthday dinner, I'm sure it was an endless source of frustration to her that I would choose Taco Bell. And, not that this has anything to do with Taco Bell, but one year I told her I wanted an orange cake with orange frosting (remember that Mom?). I wish I could post a picture of that cake. My Mom put orange slice candies on the top as decoration. Thanks for that rockin' cake Mom!

I just thought of another Taco Bell story. When I was a college student at NAU (Northern Arizona University), there was a Subway next door to the Taco Bell. Subway delivered to the dorm, and as you might have guessed, Taco Bell did not deliver. I called Subway and offered the guy an extra $5 if he would deliver Taco Bell to us in the dorm. I wish I could end this story by saying he agreed and my craving was satisfied, but apparently he didn't need the extra money. Any other rabid Taco Bell fanatics out there?

Vlasic Kosher Dill Spear Pickles - One time my Dad mailed a jar of these pickles to me, from California to Arizona. Thanks Dad for the pickles and the memory that always makes me smile!

Dr. Pepper - I don't drink this anymore with my new healthy (a.k.a. miserable) lifestyle. Sometimes I really miss it. Yes, I have tried Diet Dr. Pepper. No, it does not satisfy my urges. I HATE diet soda!

The shrimp & chip platter at Pete's Fish & Chips, strawberry limeades from Sonic, salsa at Freddy's La Cabana, Doritos, Flaming Hot Cheetos...AHH, I'm so hungry!!

This post is turning out to be a form of self-torture. I have to go eat now!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Cheri w/ a "C" said...

Hey Aimo - I have to say I'm right with you on Taco Bell (aka: Taco Smell, Toxic Smell, Taco Hell)! It use to be a weekly jaunt for the kids & I! cheap too! However, now it's a 25m drive to the nearest TB & they ALWAYS screw up our order & take FOREVER to boot. So - I'm basically being 'weaned' from TB. So sad. Although it's on my list of places to visit when we go back to AZ for visits!

Jennifer said...

I have to say...I love Freddie's too! Hmmm, I wonder why?!?! ;O)

kcaimee said...

I'm telling you, he puts something in that salsa that makes me crave it!!!

Brandi said...

Hey Girl! I had never been to Taco Bell until I went with you. Remember our many dashes to TB at lunch. I didn't even know what to order but you quickly helped me with that. A little off the subject (but still about food). Remember the time that we went to Arby's for lunch. We paid for it and then you drove off without our food. I am cracking up right now thinking about that. I am sure that it was due to the huge amount of stress that we were under at the time!

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! I just saw the little description on your blog beside my name. I just got teary eyed! You are the best!!!! Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

When I was writing my favorite things post, I kept thinking of all these different food items I could write about. I could definitely do a whole post about food! I enjoy Taco Bell, although I will say I am not quite the fanatic you are.

Sarah said...

This is hilarious!!! Bret makes enchiritos just like this! And we are big freaks about Taco Bell too! :) Love ya Aim!

also known as shell said...

I loved that a good enchirito has 3 olives and a really good one has sour cream :)

Shauna said...

You know what you should do every once in a while. Go to the gas station and do a half DP half Diet DP....it helps! Nice little splurge. I am a DP freak too! I started drinking Diet and lost like 20 pounds a few years ago!

Momma said...

Aim, you crack me up. Love the blog.